PMJAY E Card: PM Narendra Modi launched a new scheme by the name “Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY). According to Modi, this is the world’s largest government-funded healthcare initiative as more than 50 crores are affected by this new PMJAY health scheme. We have already posted “Who is eligible for the scheme? And how one can check their name in the final beneficiary list. So in this article, we have discussed what Ayushman Bharat PMJAY E Card is, and how one can you avail/ get this card.
Ayushman Bharat Letter & Family Card
PM Modi said that it is a “game changer initiative to serve the poor.” He further said, ” Some call it Modicare, some call it a scheme for the poor. It is a scheme for the poor.” People under Ayushman Bharat Yojana will receive a healthcare insurance worth of Rs 5 Lacs. All these people will receive a family card with name, dob and a unique number. Besides this, Narendra Modi will also send a letter to this 10.7 crore Indian families with the cards to give the citizens an idea about the benefits of this new scheme.
About Ayushman Bharat PMJAY E Card
Your PMJAY E Card will have a QR code and a one-time code which will identify the Beneficiary of Ayushman Bharat Yojana. This card will have your name, Date of Birth and beneficiary woman or men. There is a logo of the AB-PMJAY. On the bottom of the card, there is the slogan “Swasthya Aapka, Saath Hamara”. On the backside, there are Ayushman Bharta Yojana’s helpline number 14555 and official website name i.e abnhpm.gov.in the card. There is also a helpline number 1800 111 565. You can dial these helpline number to check whether you are the beneficiary of the Scheme or not.
How to Get Ayushman Bharat Beneficiary Card?
- An eligible Beneficiary for PMJAY will have to visit either Hospital or a designated Kiosk (e.g. CSC or identified by SHA) for his/her identification to get the card
- Submit PM Letter or RC No or Mobile No or RSBY URN to Arogya Mitra/ Kiosk Operator
- A Beneficiary needs to bring with him/her Aadhaar Card or any other Government ID like Voter ID card, PAN card etc. along with family ID like Ration Card.
- The operator will verify documents and then submits the ‘record’ to the Approving authorities for further verification and approval.
- Once approved, the beneficiary record gets inserted into the AB-PMJAY database. This will get treated as a ‘golden’ record.
- The beneficiary will be informed through SMS accordingly.
- The operator will print Ayushman Bharat PMJAY E Card.
How will the Beneficiary be Identify at the Hospital?
Now how this works, you might wonder. Well, the procedure is quite hassle-free.
Beneficiary ⇒ Hospital Help-Desk ⇒ Identity Verification ⇒ Aadhaar or Any Other ID ⇒ Verified Individual ⇒ Check if the Person is eligible for PMJAY ⇒ Beneficiary Identification System (BIS) using the letter with Family Card or Any other family card⇒ Give E-Card ⇒ Doctor
√ Firstly when you are sick, you need to admit yourself to a hospital in registration with this new Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana.
√ In that registered hospital, you will find yourself an Ayushman Mitra, a person who is going to check and make sure that you are indeed a part of this new scheme via software.
√ He will even ask for an Aadhaar card or any other form of identity card for further verification.
√ He will print PMJAY E-Card
√ Once the verification is done for, a package will be selected as per the facilities available in that hospital.
√ You will receive the treatment without any payment beforehand, and once you are discharged, the discharge summary will be generated with a bill which will be paid to the hospital under this scheme.