The Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana (PMJAY) will provide health care benefits to nearly 10 crore families with 5 lakh per family which will renew every year for the next four years till 2022. This scheme is entitled to provide secondary and tertiary healthcare without any fees.
AM I Eligible for Pradhan Mantri Jan Aarogya Yojana (PMJAY)?
Now many might wonder, as in who are really eligible for this new scheme? Well, this beneficiary list includes the name of those citizens who were recorded in the Socio-Economic Caste Census(SECC) database. These selected individuals will receive free health care services from the public as well as some private facilities in registration with this scheme.
Now as far as the payment is concerned, it all depends on the conditions of the patient. Different packages with different rates have been confirmed by the government for the various conditions that the people suffer from and all this is maintained by the Ayushman Mitra on any registered facility.
Modi said, ” It is essential to ensure that we free the poor of India from the clutches of poverty due to which they cannot afford healthcare”. He further said, “It is high time we ensure that the poor of India get access to good quality and affordable healthcare.”
The people eligible for PMJAY living in the rural areas include
- Households with no one between the age of 16 and 59.
- A female-headed household with no male adult between the age of 16 and 59.
- SC/ST households.
- Landless households feeding on from manual casual labour.
- Tribal groups (primitive).
- Shelterless households.
- People living on alms only.
- Scavenger family households.
- Bonded labours.
- Households living in only one room with kucha roof and kucha walls.
- Households with at least one disabled person and no abled adult member.
The people from the urban areas include
- Domestic workers.
- Vendor owners, cobblers, generally people working on the streets.
- A construction worker, plumber, welder, etc.
- Handicraft workers.
- Rag pickers.
- Transport handlers like drivers, conductors, rickshaw pullers, etc.
- Waiter, attendant, peon, etc.
- Electrician, mechanic, etc.